Weight loss refers to reducing body weight, typically involving the loss of fat, muscle, or water.
It is often seen high body weight is the reason for various health-related issues such as cardiac arrest etc.
Weight loss can happen via various methods, natural and unnatural methods.
Natural methods are time-consuming but ensure the health of the person is enhanced increasing the overall life span of an Individual.
The natural practice of weight loss is divided into two halves’ one part is better exercising daily and the latter and most importantly correct diet.
Related Search – Keto vs Paleo: Which Diet is Better for Weight Loss?
Table of Contents
Superfoods for Weight Loss: Cinnamon and Flaxseed
Various sources of foods play a pivotal role in a weight loss journey, some of them are flaxseed and cinnamon.
Cinnamon is a popular spice that is not only used to add taste to a plate but also offers potential benefits for weight loss.
Similarly, Flaxseeds are a nutritious food that can be highly beneficial due to their unique combination of nutrients.
Benefits of Cinnamon and Flaxseed
- Increase fiber intake: Cinnamon and Flaxseed are excellent sources of dietary fiber, both soluble and insoluble. Fiber promotes a feeling of fullness, which can help control appetite and reduce overall calorie intake.
- Improve Metabolism and Blood Sugar: Cinnamon has the property to enhance insulin sensitivity and improve blood sugar. It helps in reducing cravings and prevents overeating.
- Provides Omega-3 Flaxseeds are a rich source of omega fatty acid, which has the potential to reduce inflammation and may play a role in weight management.
- Provide various Antioxidants: Cinnamon contains various antioxidants, which can help combat oxidative stress in the body. While this may not directly contribute to weight loss, overall health and well-being are important factors in maintaining a successful weight management plan.
- Control Appetite: Flaxseed is a fiber-rich food and similarly studies have shown that cinnamon helps to control appetite by delaying gastric emptying. It makes you feel full for a longer period.
A Question Arises that both the food is so good but can we consume them together? Yes, we can consume flaxseed and cinnamon together.
Mixing them in powder form can enhance the taste and flavor and be nutritious in your weight loss diet.
Some of the most suggested and common practices of consuming them together are:
Smoothies: Blend flaxseeds and a dash of cinnamon into your smoothies for an extra nutritional boost. This combination works well with different types of fruits like berries.
Nuts: Flaxseed and cinnamon can be mixed well with almonds, peanuts, and other nuts for easy consumption in day-to-day meals.
Beverages: Stir ground flaxseed and cinnamon into your hot beverages such as coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. It can be a delicious and healthful way to enjoy a warm drink any time of the day.
We Can Consume Both Flaxseeds and Cinnamon but what is the right time to consume them? Should we consume it in the daytime or at night before going to bed? Is there any ideal time for its consumption?
Flaxseeds and Cinnamon can be consumed at any time even empty stomach.
Timing of consumption is less critical than the overall inclusion of these ingredients in your diet.
However, it depends upon personal choice at what time a person likes to consume it, some people feel it fresh and easy to consume it early morning empty stomach on the other hand some people feel heavy and blotted.
Therefore, we can consume them separately or mixed at any time of the day. When adding flaxseed to your diet, it’s recommended to consume ground flaxseeds rather than whole seeds for better nutrient absorption.
Also, Moderation is key, as both Flaxseeds and Cinnamon are calorie-dense.
Some of the major Side Effects of Flaxseeds and Cinnamon
Which one should be careful about are:
- Digestive Problems: Flaxseeds are rich in dietary fiber, and consuming them in large quantities without adequate water intake may lead to digestive discomfort such as bloating, gas, or constipation. It is important to start with small amounts and gradually increase fiber intake to allow your digestive system to adapt.
- Allergic Reactions: Many individuals can be allergic to flaxseed or cinnamon therefore if they feel something unusable they should refer doctors before consuming any food.
- Phytoestrogens: Flaxseed compound contains phytoestrogens which can lead to issues like breast cancer etc.
- Harmful for individuals with blood sugar: Cinnamon may have blood sugar-lowering effects. Which can be beneficial for high blood sugar patients and harmful to one who unusably suffers from low blood sugar.
- Coumarin Content: Cassia cinnamon, a common variety found in most grocery stores, contains a compound called coumarin, which may be harmful in large amounts. High coumarin intake has been associated with liver toxicity. If you consume cinnamon regularly, consider using Ceylon cinnamon, which has lower coumarin levels.
Consumption of anything in excess can be harmful therefore, should consumed in a limited manner.
The result of Flaxseed and Cinnamon can be low or fast varying with every body type and other things like diet, exercise, and other activities one does.