Dragon fruit is one of the most famous fruits in the world because of its unique appearance and name.
It is also known as strawberry pear and is grown in various parts of the world.
It is of bright red and pink color and also constitutes of green scales which looks very amazing.
It is a little sweet and tart in taste like a kiwi. Dragon fruit belongs to the cactus family.
Despite its amazing looks it is beneficial in many ways and has numerous advantages but also has some disadvantages.
Let us begin with its nutrition chart.
Table of Contents
Dragon Fruit Nutrition Chart
Before heading to the Dragon fruit’s advantages and disadvantages for skin and hair let us discuss its nutrient composition which is a must to know before consuming it.
|Composition per 100g
Dragon fruit advantages for skin
Dragon fruit has great nutritional value and because of that, it has many advantages in our body and skin.
Let me tell you about the Dragon fruit advantages for skin.
- Dragon fruit contains 80% water. It is very good for our skin because of its high water content which keeps our skin hydrated and gives a smoother and brighter look to the skin.
- Dragon fruit is rich in antioxidants which help protect the skin from any radical damage and enrich skin cells.
- Due to the high presence of vitamin C, dragon fruit keeps our skin fresh. Dragon fruit also reduces hyperpigmentation in the skin.
- Dragon fruit also prevents wrinkles and skin dryness because of the presence of polyphenols in good amounts.
Dragon fruit disadvantages for skin
While dragon fruit has a lot of advantages for our skin but with that, it has some disadvantages also.
Let us discuss the Dragon fruit’s disadvantages for the skin.
- Dragon fruit contains more than enough sugar content so access consumption is not good for the skin and can cause inflammation in the skin.
- Dragon fruit contains black seeds, which are not good for people with sensitive skin and can cause problems.
- Some people have experienced allergies after consuming dragon fruit. Some people drink water after dragon fruit in high amounts which should be avoided.
Dragon fruit advantages for hair
Dragon fruit is not only good for our skin but it has benefits to hair also.
Let us know about Dragon fruit advantages for hair.
- Dragon fruit is rich in Vitamin C which is good for collagen production that promotes hair growth.
- As we know the dragon fruit is high in water content so due to this it hydrates the whole system and promotes hair health.
- Dragon fruit is rich in antioxidants which also benefit our hair and prevent hair loss and aging.
- Dragon fruit is rich in iron and Vitamin B12 which are very important in hair growth and keep our hair black and strong with age.
Dragon fruit disadvantages for hair
Dragon fruit provides benefits to our hair but there are some demerits also. Let me tell you about the Dragon fruit disadvantages for hair.
- If you are sensitive when something is applied to your hair, especially high-antioxidant fruit like Dragon fruit then you may avoid that.
- Do not drink water in much quantity after dragon fruit as it can show an effect on your overall system and can affect hairs also.
There are no more direct disadvantages of dragon fruit because it is a nutrient-rich fruit that is very good for hair.
I hope you have got sufficient information related to Dragon fruit’s advantages and disadvantages for skin and hair.
Dragon fruit is highly effective for skin protection.
It keeps our skin fresh and hydrated and prevents wrinkles and dryness because of its richness in water and nutrients.
Dragon fruit is rich in nutrients that are needed by our bodies.
It is highly beneficial because of its several benefits to the body, hair, and skin.
Dragon fruit has been proven to be very good for our hair also because of its nutrient composition.
It has some demerits for our skin which we have discussed above but it does not show any direct disadvantages to hair.