Apple cider and Balsamic Vinegar are different types of vinegar with their unique taste, uses, and benefits.
They have unique key differences and origins.
Before comparing both of them based on their taste, origin, making process, and benefits first we need to know about both of them separately.
So, Let Us Discuss Which is Better Apple Cider Vinegar vs Balsamic Vinegar One by One in Detail.
Table of Contents
What is an Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is a type of vinegar and from its name, you can observe that it is made using apples.
Fermented apples are used in the making of it.
Apple cider vinegar has a very strong pungent smell and a sour taste.
It is very strong so the small dose of it is enough. It is used in cooking, cleaning, and many other ways.
It has many health benefits but when taken in the correct amount.
It is acidic so it can be useful only when taken in moderate quantities.
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider has a strong taste and it is not only known for its taste but for its health benefits also.
So, let us know about the health benefits of apple cider vinegar:
- Apple cider vinegar contains probiotics which contain good bacteria that are good for our digestive system and overall stomach health.
- When consumed in moderate quantities, Apple cider makes our stomach feel full which prevents overeating and helps in weight loss.
- Strong acidic behavior also helps to reduce cholesterol levels in our body and prevents any chance of heart attack.
- Apple cider vinegar also makes our body’s insulin levels come down and is extremely helpful for people with diabetes.
Side Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar
As I have told you about apple cider and its health benefits so, you are well aware of it.
But with that, you should also know about the side effects of apple cider vinegar.
- You should always mix apple cider vinegar with water before consuming it because of its high acidic nature which can cause throat burn.
- Apple cider vinegar should be consumed in low quantities which can protect your teeth. Consuming it too much can damage your teeth.
- Do not consume a large amount of apple cider for a long time as it can result in low levels of potassium in the body.
- Some people have problems with apple cider who are on medication because apple cider can react with certain medicines and cause problems.
- Pregnant women, people on medication, and young children should not consume apple cider vinegar because it cannot be safe for them.
What is a Balsamic Vinegar?
Balsamic vinegar is a type of vinegar that is made using grapes but unfermented grapes.
It has a very pleasant smell not so strong like apple cider vinegar.
It is dark in color and has a different mix of flavors like sweet, acidic, and sour at the same time.
It has a very long process of being made.
The wooden barrels of balsamic vinegar are kept for at least 12 years untouched and slowly they get the essence of what they are famous for.
It is also used in cooking and other purposes and has numerous health benefits.
Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Balsamic vinegar is very popular for its amazing taste and for its health benefits.
Let us discuss the health benefits of balsamic vinegar :
- Balsamic vinegar reduces bad cholesterol in our body while promoting good cholesterol which is good for our heart health.
- balsamic vinegar helps in reducing blood pressure problems by improving the circulation of blood.
- Balsamic vinegar is rich in antioxidants which is very good for our cells and protects our body from any radical damage.
- Balsamic vinegar is also very beneficial for people with diabetes as it reduces blood sugar levels.
Side Effects of Balsamic Vinegar
As I have told you about balsamic vinegar and its health benefits so, you are well aware of it.
But with that, you should also know about the side effects of balsamic vinegar.
- Balsamic vinegar should also be consumed in low quantities as some people can face heartburn especially those who have heart problems.
- Balsamic vinegar, like apple cider vinegar, also damages our teeth and causes enamel because of its acidic nature.
- Balsamic vinegar also reacts with certain medicines. So it is advisable for people who are on medication to avoid it.
- Balsamic vinegar is high in calories so consuming it too much can result in weight gain. So, take less amounts of it.
Which is better Apple Cider Vinegar vs Balsamic Vinegar?
Now, we have discussed all aspects of both vinegar from its definition, uses, benefits, and there side effects.
So, you might be able to judge and select one among them according to your needs and side effects.
They are both beneficial and harmful in different conditions. Both have their unique taste and uses.
So you can term one of them better depending on what you are looking for.
According to your need and after looking at your health conditions you can easily get the answer which is better for your health among them.